How to change your user account name in Windows, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “netplwiz” or “control userpasswords2” (without quotes) in the box and press Enter.
- Select the account whose username you want to change from the list of users.
- Click on the “Properties” button.
- In the General tab, type the new username that you want to use in the “User name” field.
- Click on “Apply,” then “OK” to save the changes.
- Click “Apply,” then “OK” again to confirm the change.
That’s it! The new username will be used for that account going forward.