Adrienne Warren Biography: Age, Career, Boyfriends, Films, Net Worth, Social Media, Height, Woman King, Awards
Adrienne Warren (born May 6, 1987) is a stunning American actress, singer, and dancer known for her remarkable performance onstage. She debuted in 2012 and has since appeared in numerous musical productions. Adrienne is most notable for winning a Tony Award for her performance as Tina Turner in the musical “Tina.”
Adrienne is a talented artist, born and raised in the vibrant city of Portsmouth, Virginia. Her upbringing was influenced by her parents, who were dedicated high school coaches. From a young age, Adrienne discovered her passion for performing arts within the welcoming walls of her local church.
As she progressed through her education, Adrienne’s commitment and love for art led her to attend the Governor’s School for the Arts for her high school studies. There she honed her skills and further nurtured her love for music and performance.
Determined to pursue her dreams, Adrienne went on to pursue higher education at Marymount Manhattan College, graduating in 2009. During college, she expanded her knowledge and artistic abilities, immersing herself in various aspects of the performing arts.
Adrienne has actively participated in numerous musical groups throughout her career, showcasing her versatility and talent. Notable among these groups are The Dream Engine and the renowned Trans-Siberian Orchestra, where she has contributed her exceptional vocals, captivating audiences with her powerful and melodic performances.
Adrienne Warren is a highly talented actress who has significantly impacted the world of musical theater. Her career began with captivating performances in renowned shows such as “The Wiz” and “Dreamgirls.” After showcasing her talents on various stages, Adrienne made her Broadway debut in 2012 and also starred in the musical “Bring It On.” This marked the beginning of a remarkable journey, with subsequent appearances in acclaimed productions like “Shuffle Along.” Her exceptional portrayal in “Shuffle Along” earned her a Tony Award nomination, solidifying her reputation as a rising star.
In 2018, Adrienne achieved a breakthrough when she secured the coveted role of Tina Turner in the West End production of “Tina.” Her portrayal of the iconic singer garnered widespread critical acclaim, propelling her career to new heights. Adrienne’s outstanding performance in “Tina” earned her a Laurence Olivier Award nomination, further establishing her as a powerhouse in the theater industry. Building upon her success, she later reprised the role on Broadway, captivating audiences and ultimately emerging as the Tony Award winner for the Best Actress in a Musical in 2021, an accolade that solidified her status as one of Broadway’s brightest stars.
Adrienne’s talent extends beyond the stage, as she has also made notable television appearances. Her credits include roles in popular series, including movies like Blue Bloods, Orange Is the New Black, and Black Box. Additionally, in 2020, she lent her captivating voice to narrate the audiobook version of Tina Turner‘s memoir, “Happiness Becomes You.” Furthermore, she ventured into the world of television in her first leading role in the ABC limited series “Women of the Movement.”
Continuing her trajectory of success, Adrienne was announced as one of the casts of the upcoming epic film “The Woman King” in 2021. In this highly anticipated film, she portrays a warrior character set against the backdrop of the 18th and 19th centuries in the Kingdom of Dahomey in Africa. The film promises to showcase Adrienne’s versatility as an actress and contribute to her ever-expanding repertoire of diverse and compelling roles.
In 2022, Adrienne Warren portrayed the role of Mamie Till-Mobley in the mini-series American film “Women of the Movement,” which was premiered on ABC on January 6, 2022. Her portrayal of Mamie Till-Mobley garnered critical acclaim and showcased her exceptional acting skills.
Adrienne also had a significant role in the highly anticipated film “The Woman King,” released in 2022. Playing the character of Ode, contributing to the captivating storytelling and adding depth to the film’s narrative.
She was featured alongside Viola Davis, Lashana Lynch, Sheila Atim, John Boyega, Thuso Nokwanda Mbedu, and others.
In 2023, Adrienne was announced as the star of the Broadway American premiere of the play “Room,” written by Emma Donoghue. This highly anticipated production will showcase Adrienne’s versatility as an actress and provide a platform for her to continue delivering exceptional performances on stage.
Adrienne Warren is currently [calculate_years datestring=”05/06/1987″] years old and is reportedly single, with no public records of previous marriages. She stands at approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall (170 cm) and weighs around 54 kilograms (119 lbs), although it’s worth noting that these measurements may vary slightly.
Awards & Nominations
- Winner of the 2021 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical (won) – for her role in “Tina.”
- 2019 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Musical (won) – for her role in “Tina.”
- 2019 Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actress in a Musical (won) – for her role in “Tina.”
- 2019 WhatsOnStage Award for Best Actress in a Musical (won) – for her role in “Tina.”
- 2018 BroadwayWorld UK Award for Best Leading Actress in a New Production of a Musical (won) – for her role in “Tina.”
- 2013 Theatre World Award (won) – for her role in “Bring It On”
- 2021 Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress in a Musical (nominated) – for her role in “Tina”
- 2021 Drama League Award for Distinguished Performance (nominated) – for her role in “Tina”
- Nominated for the 2021 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Musical (nominated) – for her role in “Tina.”
- 2021 Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actress in a Musical (nominated) – for her role in “Tina.”
- 2021 Chita Rivera Award for Outstanding Female Dancer in a Broadway Show (nominated) – for her role in “Tina.”
- Nominated for the
- Nominated for the
- Nominated for the 2020 NAACP Image Award for excellent Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, Orange Is the New Black.
- 2019 Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Musical Performance (nominated) – for her role in “Tina”
- 2019 Drama League Award for Distinguished Performance (nominated) – for her role in “Tina.”
- Nominated for Chita Rivera Award in 2019 for Outstanding Female Dancer in a Broadway Show (nominated) – for her role in “Tina.”
- Nominated for Tony Award in 2019 for Best Actress in a Musical (nominated) – for her role in “Tina.”
- 2018 WhatsOnStage Award for Best Actress in a Musical (nominated) – for her role in “Tina.”
- 2013 Astaire Award for Outstanding Female Dancer in a Broadway Show (nominated) – for her role in “Bring It On”
- Instagram @Adriennelwarren
- Twitter @adriennelwarren
- Facebook @Adrienne Warren
Adrienne Warren‘s net worth is estimated to be US$5 million – US$8 million. She has earned a substantial income as an actress in movies, TV shows, theater productions, commercials, and other business ventures.